CIB-Trading Services Associate II-Bullion Clearing & Accounts - Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
JP Morgan’s Global Commodities Group, within the Corporate & Investment Bank, operates from primary offices across Europe, North America and Asia. The business offers clients a global platform to a full spectrum of physical and financial products across energy, agricultural, environmental and metal commodities as well as more complex exotic structuring.
The commodities business is a challenging, fast-paced area of growth within an ever changing regulatory environment. Our group operates at the center of the global metals market providing support for both our market leading base metals and precious metals businesses. We are a category 2 member of the London Metals Exchange and one of 5 full members of the London Precious Metals Clearing market.
As a member of the Precious Metals Clearing and Accounts team you will work within the Global Commodities team, specifically with the Bournemouth office as part of the EMEA Operations group. Working closely with other groups within JPMorgan you will be a key point of contact between vendors and clients, helping to ensure smooth settlement of metal and managing relationships with vendors. The role will also cover the settlement of base metal warrants involving close working with the base metals trading and sales desk in London.
- Facilitating physical settlement of metal for JPM and its clients
- Managements of JPMs credit exposure and balances at other LPMCL depositories
- Operation of effective controls and reconciliations
- Processing of incoming and outgoing invoices for the precious metals custody and clearing business
- Documentation and account maintenance
- Daily interaction with partners across the business including technology, front office, back office, credit, legal and business management.
- The applicant will also be involved in project work and supporting the on-going change agenda.
- Proven ability to meet, and maintain tight deadlines/targets
- Display a flexible approach to work, is adaptable and welcoming to change
- Takes personal responsibility for tasks and actions
- Works effectively and efficiently with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Commodity experience preferred (preferably in metals)
- Strong PC skills (including Excel)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Problem solving skills