CIB - EMEA Regional Controls Management - Associate I - London/Bournemouth
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Job Description: EMEA Controls - EMEA Governance and Control Manager (Associate) – Bournemouth.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
EMEA Regional Governance oversees the x-LOB governance framework which supports the firm in meeting regulatory expectations, and internal governance and oversight best practice. The team manages the day to day running of a number of key regional forums including the EMEA Control Committee (ECC), as well as providing additional support for the London-based Firmwide Regional Control Manager including regional Control Management program oversight, executive reporting, as well as process improvement initiatives.
The team partners with stakeholders across the lines of business: CIB, Private Bank, Asset Management, International Consumer Business, Commercial Bank, and functions: Technology, HR, Operations, Compliance, among others.
This position represents a unique opportunity to gain a holistic and aggregated view across the firm’s regional business, while making valuable contribution to advancing the firm’s governance and controls agenda. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to regional governance committees with a focus on operational risk and controls, and ensuring oversight of operational risk across lines of business and functions present in the region.
The role will require the management of regional and global projects, as well as representing the team in broader firmwide and CIB programs, and will require frequent communication and coordination with stakeholders, as well as preparation of written and oral communications to senior management.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with key stakeholders across the firm to develop and embed changes to the operational risk framework in regional governance, across the first line of defence. This will require project planning and analysis, driving or overseeing project execution, and reporting of status to senior management.
- Management of project timelines and tracking and execution against a set of required deliverables
- Conducting data analysis to develop recommendations to inform management decisions.
- Developing a strong network of internal stakeholder relationships to help support the delivery of regulatory requirements.
- Designing and documenting organizational and operational processes to support program execution, with a requirement to evidence sustainability of a process.
- Performing ad hoc control testing to ensure that lines of business and functions adhere to operational risk metrics standards.
- Developing and facilitating training for key stakeholders in conjunction with the second line of defence.
- Continuous review and development of processes to determine opportunities for improvements in quality and efficiency; as well as ongoing commitment to drive best governance practices.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an agile, high profile regional team partnering with key stakeholders across the full breadth of the firm and lines of defence.
- A dynamic operating environment.
- Opportunity to influence and own projects and processes.
- An opportunity to learn about all lines of business and functions along with the changing regulatory landscape.
- Promotion of an open culture to identify/raise risks and challenge existing protocols.
- Exposure to senior leaders across the firm.
- A supportive and engaged management structure to help you grow professionally, be successful in your role, and achieve your next career goals.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Strong professional experience in financial services, preferably with prior experience in operational risk and controls.
- Controls-focused with excellent attention to detail. Ability to present work accurately, clearly, and professionally both orally and in writing, flexing detail and form according to audience.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills; including the ability to reconcile and interpret data and to summarise key messages for providing commentary.
- Able to work across a range of complex issues simultaneously; and the ability to learn new topics quickly, including understanding and investigating new data sets.
- Effective in responding quickly and accurately to internal and external requests for information; and escalating as appropriate.
- Proactive self-starter with to the ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure; comfortable working independently in a dynamic, challenging and results-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills, relationship-building and influencing skills, with the flexibility and ability to engage effectively with senior management within the firm, and to partner with, and where necessary challenge, a range of stakeholders
- End-to-end project management experience, including scoping, business case development, implementation, results measurement, and change management.
- Strong data analysis, data management and problem-solving skills; business analysis skills are a plus
- Strong time management skills with the ability to assess situations quickly and multi-task when required; as well as managing work plans with conflicting priorities.
- Team player who works well with colleagues in achieving results, and willing to take personal accountability.
- High degree of proficiency with PowerPoint/PitchPro, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Qlik or Alteryx is a bonus.