CIB F&BM Cross LOB Projects Controller – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The CIB Product Control Governance team is a Global team that sits within CIB Finance & Business Management and is responsible for implementation and governance of cross-Line of Business (LOB) P&L / Risk, regulatory & control projects.
We are seeking an experienced Associate to support the cross-LOB Product Control Governance team, to be based in London. The role requires working very closely with the CIB Product Controllers in addition to partnering with Business Management, Market Risk, Legal Entity Controllers, Finance Control Office, Compliance, Audit and other functions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help with the successful implementation of the CIB Product Control Governance agenda. The role offers the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the CIB LOBs products, legal entity geography and controls in addition to significant interaction with senior management.
- Work with LOB Product Control and Business Management to document and report the CIB Legal Entity Booking Model
- Clearly communicate Booking Model and financial information to the LOBs and senior management and able to flag and escalate potential issues
- Help drive infrastructure & regulatory projects relating to the booking model.
- Assist with certain aspects of the regulatory relationship agenda for CIB Product Control
- Response to related ad-hoc requests from senior management, regulators and other functions.
- Establish and manage relationships with the LOBs, other functions, as well as with external regulatory agency constituents through ongoing partnership and dialogue
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts around P&L / Risk and regulatory reporting improvement projects
- Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- Assist with the Booking Model training agenda across the CIB.
- Handle various ad-hoc requests on a frequent basis
- Work experience in sinance organization with exposure to Product Control, Business Management, External or Regulatory Reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Knowledge of Balance sheet, P&L, Risk and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of financial products including derivatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including preparing & presenting materials to executive audiences.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to articulate and summarize findings to a broad audience.
- Creative self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word)
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment and proven ability to multitask effectively
- Comfortable operating in a demanding and fast-paced environment