Market Risk eTrading Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo, and striving to be best-in-class.
In the Market Risk E-Trading Risk & Models (ETRM) team, you will be part of a team that encompasses E-Trading, Models and Analytics for Macro Markets, within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). You will be responsible for E-Trading controls implementation and review, usage and reporting of valuation and E-Trading models, and the development of data analytics within ETRM. The Macro team is part of the wider global ETRM team, spread across London, Mumbai, Bangalore, New York and Hong Kong.
Based on the Trading floor, the successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with Market Risk Coverage teams, partnering on strategic projects. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with Trading, Technology, Model Risk Governance & Review (MRGR) and Quantitative Research (QR).
- The E-trading effort will cover ongoing review of existing and new E-Trading Activities, models (including the growth area of machine learning models) and E-Trading controls.
- The valuation model effort will include providing risk transparency by model, setting compensating controls for model limitations and working with Trading, QR and MRGR to deploy new models in a controlled manner. This also includes the delivery of the CCAR Market Risk stresses by model, partnering with Market Risk coverage for their respective asset classes.
- The analytics work will focus on liquidity analysis, with additional project opportunities depending upon the candidates proficiency within coding languages and appetite in this space
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in a quantitative and/or financial field
- Few years of relevant or related experience
- Good understanding of financial products, including modelling techniques
- Good communication skills to be able to manage a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
Additional Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role
- Familiarity with several asset classes
- Good understanding of computer programming languages and coding techniques, such as Python or R
- Good understanding of Market Risk approaches, namely stress testing, scenario analysis, VaR, risk sensitivities, limits
- Some knowledge of Machine Learning approaches
- Experience with intra-day controls aimed to monitor electronic trading