CIB Markets Legal and Regulatory Change Management – Associate – London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This position is for a Senior Associate to join EMEA Markets Legal and Regulatory Change Management (LRCM) function. It is part of a global department covering all Sales, Trading & Research businesses and sits within the Markets Business Controls Management department in the 1st Line of Defense (1LOD).
The Markets LRCM function is responsible for mitigating the operational risk associated with regulatory change, by applying a rigorous and consistent process to the end-to-end management of change. This end-to-end view includes horizon scanning, capture, impact assessment and finally the implementation of business changes necessary to demonstrate adherence.
The LRCM function is closely linked to the Global Office of Legal Obligations Programme (OLO), which has implemented a process that documents JPMC’s obligations arising from material laws and regulatory requirements, and maps these to policies and procedures which support compliance with those requirements. The successful candidate will also be required to support OLO as necessary.
The incumbent will be joining a critical function in the Markets Business Control Management department. Key activities and competencies to succeed in the role include:
- Business and control mindset – Determining potential impacts of regulatory changes and proposing courses of action to ensure compliance, including changes to existing Markets Front Office processes and controls.
- Stakeholder engagement – Partnering with business representatives, Legal, Compliance to facilitate effective and comprehensive implementation of necessary changes
- Sensitive to risk and control – Ensuring business documentation is updated to reflect adherence and mitigate associated operational or regulatory risks.
- Agile and open to change – Be open to challenges that may arise from operating in a highly dynamic environment, such as internal business model changes, regulatory landscape changes, market horizon changes etc.
The role reports to the EMEA Markets LRCM Lead, based in London.
- A level of familiarity with, and interest in, Markets products and businesses would be beneficial
- Experience in business controls, operational risk, business management, Compliance, Legal, Audit or similar function with coverage of Markets Sales / Trading businesses would be beneficial
- Basic knowledge of the EMEA regulatory landscape including key regulators and regulations.
- Comfortable with and adept at reading and interpreting legal and regulatory texts as a layperson (note: formal legal qualifications are not required)
- Strong business analytical skills to enable efficient, accurate and objective decision making
- Strong personal and organisational management skills, ability to work under pressure and handle high volume of throughput without compromising quality
- Good project management skills and ability to instill structure, process and accountability to meet delivery targets whilst maintaining quality standards
- Detail oriented, with a disciplined approach to process and quality control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.