JP Morgan – TCIO – Regulatory Capital Product - Business Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join out London team.
The Treasury and the Chief Investment Office (TCIO) within JPMorgan is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management for one of the world’s largest global financial institutions with a $2.5 trillion balance sheet, including more than $900 billion in loans and $1.4 trillion in deposits. Because it sits at the very center of the firm, TCIO directly influences the composition of the firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs): Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Consumer & Community Banking.
The Capital Product team within the TCIO function is responsible for delivery and maintenance of the infrastructure required to support the calculation and reporting of Capital and other Capital-related disclosures such as Leverage, Large Exposures, CCAR, ICCAP. The team partners closely across JPMC functions including Technology, Capital Management, Capital Production & Operations and Lines of Business to deliver key priorities for the Firm including the implementation of ongoing regulatory changes and the development of a new reporting and analytics application.
Job Title – Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Senior Business Analyst to join the ’Capital Product team’. The role will have a specific focus supporting a number of modernisation initiatives including the underlying business architecture, framework and UI / UX solution.
A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- The definition, documentation and governance of sound design principals to ensure these are consistently enforced across the product.
- Part of a team responsible for the design and delivery of the modern suite of UI / UX solutions to support the business and regulator requirements.
- Documentation and delivery of comprehensive, high quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications
- Input into the Operating Model requirements to support the transition to BAU
- Preparing detailed test cases and expected results
- Performance of Testing and implementation plans
- Adherence to a challenging delivery schedule in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Timely escalation of issues to the Product Owner ensuring robust risk mitigation strategies
- Support the wider agenda of the Capital product
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Able to work in a collaborative environment
- A well-read individual who keeps up to date with modernisation initiatives across the industry (such as Cloud Compute) and able to bring these considerations to the role.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written - at all levels
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and an inquisitive approach to work
- An experienced business analyst who brings the full suite of the business analyst skillset (requirement gathering, documentation, problem solving, data analysis, testing)
- Experience working closely with technical architects
- A strong understanding and experience of industry best practise from a design perspective, including data modelling, data governance and data architecture.
- Experience working in a complicated data sourcing environment, driving change in an efficient, standardised, streamlined and logical manner.
- Experience working on the delivery of UI / UX solutions to support regulatory reporting business demands (calculations, analytics, workflows, adjustments).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Excel , MS Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong analytical skills to be able to interrogate large datasets using SQL etc.