Control Manager- Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Central Control Services (CCS)
The CIB Central Control Services team is responsible for developing formal and consistent processes and controls across the CIB Central Controls Organisation in relation to multiple and a diverse set of Control Programs. These processes need to ensure that activities undertaken by CIB Front Office personnel are consistent with global requirements and minimum corporate standards, and in compliance with local law, rules and regulations.
The CCS team work within an exciting and busy environment managing ever- changing regulations and controls in order to facilitate correct monitoring, review and reporting of the activities undertaken within the scope of the many Control Programs supported. There is a strong focus on maintaining strong and consistent controls ensuring that these controls are designed effectively and can be sustained across the CIB Front office personnel to mitigate operational risk. This work is combined with the ongoing education of CIB Front office employees of the relevant Control Programs rules in conjunction with the team’s Legal and Compliance partners and the relevant LOB’s Business Control Managers.
- Ensure that all monitoring and reporting is completed accurately, consistently and to the timeframe agreed. Ensure decisions are made on robust and comprehensive evidence. Identify in these reviews any significant gaps in adherence to the required controls and ensure these are clearly communicated to the relevant parties.
- Partner with Business Control managers, Legal and Compliance to ensure controls are effective and reflect the latest status of regulations. Ensure the controls are properly designed and operating effectively.
- Provide the Front office personnel with correct support and guidance on their individual obligations to meet regulations for the business interactions that they conduct.
- Support the technical creation of data sensitive reporting ensuring a high standard of accuracy, relevance and correctness. Ensure adherence to the controls surrounding the creation of this reporting thereby, avoiding in correct information being published and distributed. Maintain adherence to the strict controls to prevent data breaches.
- Ensure that any relevant queries received into the team are answered correct, efficiently and in a timely manner. Make sure that enquires received are managed in a controlled and organised manner.
- Support overall meeting administration (e.g. Business Control Committees, Business Control Forums), including production and distribution of the materials ensuring reviews of data are completed to ensure quality information is provided within the materials.
- Participate in learning new business processes that arise due to additional/enhanced regulations that require implementation into the current control framework
- Experience in Financial Services, Operational Risk Management, Control Oversight
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Business knowledge - ability to understand the business / basic knowledge of regulation surrounding business. Quick to learn new processes, systems etc. Creative and innovative problem solver
- Communication – confident communications skills both orally and in writing and with the ability to adapt style to suit the audience. Effective listening skills with ability to identify people’s issues quickly
- Networking - strong interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills. Client-service focused team player who operates with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Adaptable in working style and comfortable working within ever changing environment
- Organization - attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities. Can think and act in pressured and time sensitive situations.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills - identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause and mitigate risk to the firm. Knows when to escalate matters for appropriate resolution