CIB - Margin&Collateral / Analyst (Bournemouth)
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Collateral Principal Operations supports:
- Collateral Management credit risk mitigation, client financing and fee based activity
- Collateral Services supports a wide range of products: Derivatives, Forex, TBA, Prime Brokerage, Repos and Loans
- Daily we generate and distribute margin calls; agree call amounts and collateral types; track and report call disputes, reconcile trading portfolios, monitor settlements and provide extensive regulatory reporting
- On average we issue and settle ~4,000 collateral calls per day
- Collateral balances held by JPM and pledged to the client range between $200Bn & $300Bn notional
Happy to talk flexible working.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employees at the Bournemouth Corporate Centre provide a wide range of support for the firm's day-to-day, global business activities. More than 4,000 professionals, representing many of the firm's functional groups, work at this campus.
Having so many employees together on a single campus means that teams here collaborate, innovate and generously share their time — with one another and our local community. It also means we're able to offer robust training, development and internal mobility opportunities.
The firm has invested in creating a world-class Corporate Centre in Bournemouth with refurbished high performance workplaces, state-of-the-art technology and collaboration tools, and the type of facilities our employees need and deserve. It's a first-class environment, where people take great pride in the important work they do for the company.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building an operations organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global operations team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JP Morgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer disability/veteran
Post the financial crisis, the financial services industry continues to evolve and re-invent itself, partly driven by global financial reform. At the forefront of financial reform are regulatory efforts to decrease systemic and counterparty risk with an aim at standardizing certain trading and risk management practices. In the middle of these efforts is the need to collateralize/margin transactions executed or cleared between financial firms. If you are interested in an evolving fast paced environment at the forefront of industry transformation, please join us!
The Collateral Settlements Team supports the settlement of securities transactions for the bilateral OTC derivative collateral business. The settlements team will deal primarily with market custodians (Euroclear/Clearstream) and internal stakeholders (Sales, Client Service Teams, Regulatory Management). The team’s key responsibilities include, Securities Settlement, Fails Management, position reconciliations/management, Coupon/COAC management, Tax Documentation processing.
Key roles responsibilities are detailed below;
- Efficiently and accurately process both outgoing and incoming securities settlements and provide transparency to the stakeholders when necessary.
- Ensuring all transfers agreed are eligible under the appropriate legal document.
- Responding to stakeholder inquiries, and when needed, coordinate with the appropriate teams as well as the core processing area in order to facilitate resolution.
- Identifying and resolving breaks related to both collateral settlement and inventory management
- Risk Mitigation (Operational, Financial and Reputational)
- Quality Client Service and Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Maintaining and building excellent relationships with both internal partners and external parties.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a great appetite to learn and develop new skills.
- Excellent relationship-building and good communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work in a busy environment with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines