SaaS Public Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Fusion by J.P. Morgan is an exciting new client-facing product based on Public Cloud that delivers data management solutions built around post-trade services, enabling institutional investors to leverage the power of clean, interoperable data to maximise operational efficiencies. We want to provide a client-focused product that enables our clients to seamlessly access normalized and interoperable data through modern distribution methods including APIs and solutions available on Public Cloud.
We are looking for a Public Cloud Software Engineer that has experience building a SaaS based platform or product. They will understand the complexities of building such a system, taking into account availability/resiliency requirements, varying tenancy models and the processes and tooling to support the system. You will have a passion for building reliable and observable platforms. Our diverse team focuses on building excellent client and engineer experiences to easily consume and build data products. You will be responsible for making the platform successful as a SaaS-based solution that can be relied upon by clients.
Experience working on a SaaS-based platform is required. You do not need financial services experience to apply to this role.
As a SaaS Public Cloud Software Engineer, you will:
- Support the design of the platform as a SaaS based product, implementing tenancy options, tooling and operational processes to run as a continuously available solution.
- Build out a secure, reliable and observable Public Cloud based control plane.
- Support our data engineering leads through solution design and build out technical solutions as part of the platform for their requirements.
- Have a strong consideration for security as the platform is built and iterated upon.
- Partner with infrastructure and cyber-security teams to build new products and services to enable our business applications.
- Identify opportunities to build integrations that will improve the developer and client experience.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience building a customer-facing SaaS product/platform ideally on Public Cloud, with an excellent understanding
- Deep knowledge of AWS product/services and Kubernetes/container technologies and how they are best used for specific workloads.
- Real world experience in building out applications on AWS across multi-AZ, multi region and multi-cloud vendor environments.
- Experience in building out real-world architectures that business engineering teams buy into and build their application around.
- An excellent understanding of modern engineering practices to take advantage of key benefits of Public Cloud (e.g., auto-scaling).
- A mindset geared towards a fantastic end-to-end engineering experience supported by excellent tooling and automation.
- FinOps experience with Public Cloud providers, including tooling such as Apptio and Flexera.