JPM Payments - Onyx - Co-Head of Coin Strategy - VP - Based in London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Payments is among the world’s largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers in one of the most dynamic and rapidly transforming spaces in financial services. In addition to providing international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions, merchant services and trade finance, we continue to invest in future-growth initiatives, such as blockchain, AI & ML, as well as form partnerships with rising fintechs to expand our client base and product offerings.
Boasting more than 135,000 clients in over 180 countries, J.P. Morgan Payments offers specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable J.P. Morgan Payments to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.
Onyx by J.P. Morgan was launched in October 2020 to reimagine how businesses are built, grow and interact by developing innovative applications that leverage cutting edge technology. We seek to build the world’s most advanced ecosystem, with ubiquitous access to infrastructure, collaboration networks, services, and expertise. Onyx has four business stripes:
- Liink by J.P. Morgan, a blockchain network of banks that facilitates payments and banking information exchange
- Coin Systems, a global provider of shared ledger solutions enabled by JPM Coin
- Onyx Digital Assets, a blockchain network that has the capability to enable exchange of value for various types of digital assets
- Blockchain Launch, a leader in productionizing new applications and shared platform technology
J.P. Morgan is seeking a talented individual to co-lead strategy for Onyx's Coin Systems business stripe. As an integral member of the Onyx Strategy team aligned to Coin Systems, you’ll lead the setting and execution of a cohesive, strategy vision for Coin Systems as well as keep in sync with that of broader Onyx.
Coin Systems is a blockchain-based network that simplifies clients’ liquidity funding needs. Coin System’s applications offer next generation corporate treasury services, including facilitating 23/7/365 cross-border liquidity transfers for JPM Coin clients through blockchain deposit accounts (JPM Coin), real-time multi-currency cross-border value transfers (Partior) and creating automation triggers for in initiating banking actions (Programmable Payments).
This role will work in close partnership with the Head of Coin Systems, the rest of Onyx management and broader firm management to accelerate decision-making in a cross-functional, cross-business way. Pieces of work across Coin Systems may include developing and managing the commercialization of new products / solutions, defining "north star" strategic plans in collaboration with business and functional leaders, driving corporate development and partnership opportunities and other strategic initiatives.
This role is ideal for experienced leaders who perform well in fast-paced environments, are not afraid to tackle ambiguous situations and have a track record of effective execution. Candidates will be responsible for simultaneously leading multiple strategic initiatives and projects across Coin Systems (including managing analysts and associates) as well as building strong relationships with stakeholders and partners across seniority levels, across business and functional areas and both internally and externally. The Co-Head of Coin Systems Strategy will be looked to as a thought leader across Coin Systems and will have the opportunity to significantly influence the direction of specific aspects of the business.
- Significant relevant work experience
- Prior work experience in management consulting, strategy, and/or investment banking is preferred
- Previous exposure to the technology industry or financial services industry is preferred
- Prior people management experience is preferred
- Strategic Thinking & Analysis
- Leverages strategic expertise to provide direction to team in developing strategic frameworks to structure business problems
- Develops testable hypotheses to reach conclusions on key project topics
- Designs insightful analyses to test hypotheses
- Able to quickly become a thought partner on new, complex concepts
- Works with senior stakeholders to understand business context and defines scope of project
- Conceptualizes the big picture, prioritizes and connects the dots across business areas to ensure we develop the highest impact solutions for our clients
- Has confidence providing clear and succinct verbal updates to management / partners – proactively provides upward feedback / surfaces issues
- Leads meetings with senior business partners and actively influences conclusions / decisions on strategic issues
- Able to develop compelling storylines that communicate key takeaways and answer questions posed by senior management
- Provides coaching and feedback to direct reports
- Working style
- Manages project plans across multiple projects
- Becomes a trusted partner to senior stakeholders, acting as an innovative thought leader
- Provides upward feedback to minimize ambiguity for direct reports
- Always hungry to learn and improve as a professional
- Acts as culture carrier for Onyx and looks to mentor junior members across the organization