JPM Payments - Head of Cross-Currency Products for Financial Institutions Group- Executive Director: London, Frankfurt or Dublin (m/f/d)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Head of Cross-Currency products for Financial Institutions group (FIG) will be responsible for setting strategy, defining product solutions and the go-to-market strategy for Cross-Currency payment Solutions. This is a global role that will build on JPM’s leadership in Global Clearing & FX solutions in the FIG space to understand the needs of specific sub-segments amongst financial institutions, including banks, fintechs, neo-banks, insurance and Asset gatherers, identifying product gaps across current solutions, defining business requirements and executing a go-to-market strategy.
The scope of the job includes product strategy, P&L management, requirements definition, cost/benefit analysis, product management and executive/client communication. The role includes extensive collaboration with multiple stakeholders including other product groups including Markets, Operations, Technology, Client service, Finance, Risk, Compliance and Sales partners
The Head of Cross-Currency products for Financial Institutions is responsible for scaling and integrating FX payments platforms across the Corporate and Investment Bank addressing the needs of financial institutions for their proprietary needs as well as on behalf of their underlying customers.
- Drive Strategy for Cross-Currency Payments to leverage J.P.Morgan’s market-leading FIG franchise to develop and evolve segment-specific value propositions resulting prioritized roadmap of development and product evolution
- Understand the client segments deeply and the trends affecting the cross-currency payments landscape, both internal and external, that will drive the direction of the business
- Drive product simplification to drive best-in-class end-to-end customer experience
- Drive alignment with the Cross-Border Payments team to leverage complementary solutions using existing technology infrastructure when possible
- Develop and maintain execution alignment across many stakeholders in the Corporate & Investment bank
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to gather insights for strategic development, pressure test hypotheses, co-create deliverables, and unlock value.
- As the strategy evolves, ensure there is alignment, communication, and coordination across all stakeholders through the process.
- Be a champion for Cross-Currency payments influencing and driving change amongst senior stakeholders and clients to achieve market share growth
- Challenge the status quo , driving “out of the box” thinking to drive refreshing, simple and innovative product propositions
- Drive thought leadership leveraging a deep understanding of the client and competitive landscape
Qualifications / Experience
- Able to demonstrate significant relevant experience in Product or Strategy roles
- Subject matter expertise in payments, particularly international cross-border settlements, including alternative payment methods
- Understanding of foreign exchange markets, risk management, and trade support
- Strategic, analytical thinker that combines technical skills and creative problem solving -- turning strategy into actionable delivery plans
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and influence multi-disciplinary stakeholder groups and senior management
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with business stakeholders, influencing strategy and development priority
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions in a complex tech environment
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble; should be able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
About J.P. Morgan Payments:
J.P. Morgan Payments is among the world’s largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers in one of the most dynamic and rapidly transforming spaces in financial services. In addition to providing international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions, merchant services and trade finance, we continue to invest in future-growth initiatives, such as blockchain, AI & ML, as well as form partnerships with rising fintechs to expand our client base and product offerings.
Boasting more than 135,000 clients in over 180 countries, J.P. Morgan Payments offers specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable J.P. Morgan Payments to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.