Digital Markets – Commodities e-Execution Product Development - Associate or Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Digital Markets within CIB Markets owns the digital transformation agenda across asset classes. The focus is delivery of innovative solutions to automate workflows, distribution of pricing electronically and surface client and market intelligence in order to drive revenue growth and market share for the organization.
The Digital Markets Product Manager for Commodities will partner with trading, sales, and technology to identify and implement automated electronic solutions for our clients. In addition, gather client feedback, understand market structure changes, competitive landscape & identify opportunities for digitization & automation which may span both new product delivery or systems re-engineering. You will partner with external platforms and third party service providers to enable connectivity and distribution of our Commodities electronic pricing to clients.
The position requires an entrepreneurial spirit and significant interactions with sales and trading in a fast paced trading floor environment with the ability to challenge the status quo and influence change across the organization.
- Leading the shift from high-touch manual voice to low-touch electronic business workflows across API, Single Dealer and Multi-Dealer Platforms
- Digitization and automation of manual RFQ, pricing workflows, Sales/Trader interactions, data collection, and overall end to end client request workflow automation
- Partnering with technology to prioritize development work, manage resource allocation, co-ordinate implementation roadmaps.
- Defining and driving the automation strategy, taking an idea from inception to delivery including roll-out and deployment
- Close partnership with colleagues on gathering and documenting requirements, coordinating implementation & development, testing and deployment
- Providing regular updates to key stakeholders communicating progress and define key metrics and success criteria.
We are looking for a product manager with experience leading and building digital products or implementing technology workflows from conception to delivery. You will have:
- Experience in Fixed Income Sales & Trading or Technology organization as a product manager, technology manager/strategist, or someone with experience delivering in this organization.
- A background in electronic product development that would include client facing e-trading and/or e-content delivery.
- Prior experience in organizing, conducting and analyzing client/sales needs. You will bridge the technical and business organizations and ensure we are building the right products with a combination of market/user/competitor research and metrics.
- Understanding of Sales workflows from pre-trade, to trade, to post-trade and tools/applications that Sales leverage during the daily workflow (including vendor platforms and solutions)
- Ability to drive priority, budget, roadmap and an implementation plan for a roadmap that was pre-agreed with the business stakeholders.
- Execution oriented mindset and will be accountable for delivering on front-office programs. Accountable for results, interaction with business heads and leaders within technology to partner and deliver successfully.
- Commercial mindset with excellent communication skills. Ability to synthesize information and present it back in a thoughtful and coherent way
- Understanding of current and emerging market structure that impacts an asset class as a result of regulatory, structural or technology forces within the industry.