Infrastructure Engineer - Associate
Job Type: Full time
As a member of our Specialized Midrange IBM i Product engineering team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and modern engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the IBM i Infrastructure Support and Software Development Lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders and focusing on common goals and deliverables of the organization. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies will inspire our team to follow suit. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers, globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10+ years of practical and technical experience working on the IBM i/iSeries
- Detailed understanding of the IBM i integrated infrastructure architecture, including storage, network, database, and application components
- Advanced knowledge in administering, configuring, building, troubleshooting & upgrading IBM i OS and component applications
- Ability to work with external Vendors such as IBM to troubleshoot problems and manage system events, failures and other application software, hardware, or IBM i component failures
- Has general knowledge of Power HA and the Copy Services Toolkit for IBM i
- Advanced knowledge in IBM i software replication tools, such as Rocket’s iCluster product
- Advanced knowledge in building PTF, Cumulative Maintenance and OS images, using image catalogs and other automated deployment capabilities
- Working proficiency in Incident/Problem/Change management process and procedures
- Able to troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Ability to host/participate in bridge calls and communicate effectively to large group of individuals at all levels
- Knowledge of Help Systems tooling, inclusive of Robot Scheduler, Robot Network and Robot Console
- Working knowledge or IBM Backup & Recovery Media Services
- Demonstrate ability to work independently with strong ownership, collaboration & communication skills
- Knowledge of at least one scripting languages such as CL, RPG, python, Java
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Advanced debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Detailed knowledge of IBM i/MQ with ability to Configure, Debug, Manage and Administer
- Detailed knowledge of IBM i Security and Audit with ability to manage authorization of objects, authorization lists, groups and profiles
- Practical knowledge of Networking, inclusive of switching and routing, IP Subnets, DNS, Ethernet configuration and administering across the IBM i LPAR & Network. Must be able to debug and configure TCP/IP communications
- Must be available and able to actively participate in team on-call and call out support, which may span overnight hours and weekends, based on support requirements
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Exposure/competence with Agile Development practices, using Jira a plus
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.