CIB - Payments Operations - Strategy, Innovation & Digitialization Project Manager VP - Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Payments Operations is part of the Digital & Platform Services organization in the Corporate & Investment Bank. Payments Operations supports Payments, Receivables, and Trade Finance Products and acts as the payment hub for JPMorgan Chase, across the firm’s business lines. Payments Operations consists of 8.5K employees across 60 sites and supports 142k corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities domiciled in over 180 countries. On average, Payments Operations processes 30.1MM transactions daily across 122 currencies valued at $3.2T.
Payments Operations and the Payments industry as a whole are undergoing significant amounts of change and disruption – industry, technology, and organizational. It is critical to develop and execute on a strategy that will enhance the organization’s business and operational model and position it for continued success.
We are seeking a VP level candidate to lead PMO and implementation of projects, as well as broader governance responsibilities. The role will report directly to the Business Insights & Diagnostics Lead within Payments Operations – Strategy & Innovation Digitalization Team. The successful candidate manage programs of work to a successful conclusion. This role will interact and collaborate with Operations Leaders and their respective organizations, key partners across Digital & Platform Services including Operations Transformation, Data Science, Technology and Business colleagues.
- Support specific workstreams within individual projects and assist in the development and deployment
- Assist key working groups or remediation of key program issues or risks to closure
- Partner with external operational leadership, functional SMEs, key stakeholders consumers in the design and implementation
- Day-to-day maintenance of project plans, metrics, risk/issues as well as development and occasional presentation of project status reports / updates to the organization and senior management
- Provide project or business analysis support as necessary on other projects
- Manage communication of status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management through scorecards
- Manage broader teams ‘intake’ of work and the prioritization of effort and benefit tracking within an more agile methodology
- Provide business management updates and leadership across the broader (80 FTE global) to inform, educate and develop the team
Skills Required / Qualifications
- Experience in developing project plans, business analysis, and their execution
- Experience in operational, process or organizational design and related change management activities
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail; capable of synthesizing and summarizing complex data or findings to drive decision making
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate personal initiative, ownership and accountability
- Effective interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) and partner with key stakeholders to help advance project agenda
- Able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment