Sr. UX Designer, VP (CAO)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are the Employee Experience Corporate Technology (EECT) design team in JPMC's User Experience (UX) Center of Excellence. We are looking for a highly creative, passionate, and driven user experience designer to join our team focused on the CAO and Audit pillar of applications to create a better experience for our global network of employees.
We are looking for someone with extensive digital and usability design experience that can be a great partner to both business and technology teams. The ideal candidate will operate as the UX lead for high profile and priority applications – responsible for delivering best in class solutions in collaboration with UX researchers, UX Designers and supporting UI Designers.
What are the ingredients of a successful designer at JPMC?
You combine exceptional craft in working through the details of a visual design with good problem-solving and communication skills. You are a master with Sketch + InVision or Figma and you can draw quick wireframes to communicate ideas. You are at your best when collaborating with other designers, researchers, product managers, and developers to create designs that marry the best of user, business + technology thinking. You are detail oriented. You advocate for the user.
What is your typical day?
* You will be collaborating with project teams comprised of business and technology stakeholders at all levels
* You will be creating wireframes, UI design, and prototypes using modern design tools
* You will be sharing your work with designers, developers, and stakeholders across multiple teams
* You will be participating in user research and partnering with internal researchers
* You will be providing solutions for applications that aggregate data from multiple sources
* You will be collaborating with other UX designers and researchers offering advice and constructive feedback on design/usability reviews
* Creating wireframes, and interactive POCs leveraging our design system
* Working with project teams and researchers to understand our users
* Working with business analysts + developers to define user stories and product backlogs
* Participating in usability research to iterate and refine your designs
* Presenting your ideas to stakeholders and advocating on behalf of the user
* Working with developers to realize and polish user experiences
* Actively contributing and using our common design language + design systems
* Mentoring and offering guidance to junior designers
*Collaborate with team and stakeholders to create UX artifacts such as journey maps, empathy maps, and personas
*Lead the UX design process for multiple projects
*Evangelize UX to business, stakeholders and technology
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction/Interface Design, Graphic Design, Technology Communications or related discipline from a major accredited college or university
* 5+ years or equivalent compelling experiences as a designer for enterprise software, responsive web applications, mobile apps, and defining in-house style guides & documenting standards.
* 5+ years of experience with modern design tools – Figma, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
* A balance of creativity, productivity + a passion for elegant, simple, emotionally rich design
* Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills with clients and senior executives- write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication/corporate settings
* Strong understanding and commitment to usability and user-centered design principles/methods; including experience in a variety of usability evaluation techniques such as usability testing, contextual interviews, and heuristic evaluations
* Strong understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext), and proven track record of incorporating into your day-to-day work.
* Experience across multiple teams and release cycles working closely with design, product management + development to realize experiences using agile project management.
* A11y knowledge/experience.
* Master’s or other terminal degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Technology Communications or related discipline from a major accredited college or university
* You are a CUA (Certified Usability Analyst)
* You have experience in conducting UX Research
Submit your resume and portfolio. Your portfolio should include at least 3 examples of work-related projects. In particular, we want to hear about:
* The opportunity you were trying to solve
* The process involved in developing the design or project
About Employee Experience Corporate Technology (EECT)
We deliver streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls, Compliance, Legal, HR and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of CTR’s drive to standardization, consistency and simplicity is a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Compliance Technology, Oversight & Controls Technology, Legal & e-Discovery, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, HR Real Estate & Global Services Technology, and Third-Party Risk Management.
About JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and
asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Employee Experience Corporate Technology (EECT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
EECT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top EECT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
* Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
* Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
* Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
* Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
* Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency