Market Risk Model Validation - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
The Model Risk Group is tasked with protecting the bank from bad outcomes caused by faulty calculations, flawed statistics, and inappropriate model design. We are a diverse, industry-leading team of highly skilled quantitative analysts and are responsible for the validation of mathematical models used across the bank. As a member of the team, you will specialize in the models used for estimating market risk – the potential losses due to changes in asset prices, interest rates and other market variables.
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Challenge the assumptions of the models to identify their limitations and weaknesses
- Analyze their empirical performance using a range of tests and statistical techniques
- Communicate findings to stakeholders
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Advanced degree in a quantitative subject such as Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of probability, statistics or econometrics;
- Experience of scientific computing, and in working with complex data sets;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- An inquisitive nature, with a willingness to challenge assumptions;
- A meticulous attention to detail.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Knowledge of finance and financial mathematics, including option pricing theory.