Futures & Derivatives Clearing – In Business Risk – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About Futures & Derivatives Clearing
#1 Clearing Firm Globally, revenues of $1.1bn in 2022
We are looking for an experienced Risk Manager to join our team in London. The In Business Risk (“IBR”) team is responsible for managing the counterparty risk of the Futures & Derivatives Clearing business. As the #1 Clearing business globally, we have a unique insight into a large and diverse client portfolio covering an extremely diverse product set including Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Credit and Commodities in both exchange traded derivatives and OTC Cleared derivatives. Clients include Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Pension Funds, Banks and Insurance firms, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Central Banks, Commodity Trading Houses and Agricultural firms.
We provide on job training given by our experienced team. Due to the variety of functions that it is responsible for, the In Business Risk provides unique growth opportunities for you to develop your skills, knowledge and your career.
We make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental and physical health needs or particular family considerations.
If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
You’ll contribute to the firm’s effective risk management. Specially, you’ll have the chance to:
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders to develop risk management solutions that protect the firm;
- Create innovative solutions to bespoke problems;
- Enhance and develop the “Best in Class” risk management tools;
- Work with QR to develop mathematical models for pricing, hedging and risk measurement of derivatives;
- Work with Credit Risk organization to enhance stress testing capability, covering liquidation and concentration;
- Set appropriate limits and risk appetite for clients, considering a wide range of factors;
- You demonstrate quantitative and problem-solving skills, with an inquisitive and curious mind, that questions the status quo and existing rationales;
- Markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology is useful to be familiar with;
- You have excellent practical data analytics skills on real data sets gained through hands-on experience, including familiarity with methods for working with large data and tools for data analysis (ideally including excel and python);
- You demonstrate and ability to work well in a team environment;
- You demonstrate good judgment – decision-making is your strength;
- You think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. You always look for new ways of doing things;
- You’re enthusiastic about knowledge sharing and collaboration;
- Your excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, can engage and influence partners and stakeholders; You are good at communicating concepts and ideas, both written and verbal, and you are keen to defend their validity and tailor messages to different audiences;
Nice to have
Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, etc;
- Knowledge of Commodities markets, in particular energy and agriculture, is a plus, but it’s not a strict requirement;
- Knowledge of options pricing theory, trading algorithms or financial regulations;
- Knowledge of Exchange Traded Derivatives, OTC Cleared Derivatives;
- Knowledge of CCP margin methodologies;
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.