Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Technical Lead - Python
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Prime Record migration from a legacy Java platform to Strategic Python Platform
- Leading development feature teams to ensure good SDLC and engineering practices are followed
- Promote DevoOps/SRE practices focusing mainly on Automation, CI/CD and telemetry
- Overseeing the application modernization agenda and accountable to management .
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via developing tools and automation
- Create processes and/or tools that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors or higher level degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 5 plus years of experience direct or functionally leading a team of developers
- 8 plus years of experience and expert level proficiency with at least one programming/scripting languages such as Python .
- 5 years experience with Messaging solutions such as Kafka or MQ preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience with databases
- Experience with architecture principles and design patterns
- Experience in the design and implementation of scalable APIs
- Experience in developing test automation with frameworks such as Cucumber , Fitnesse , Selinium
- Experience / Knowledge of application development in a cloud platform such as AWS
- Experience in the design and implementation of CI/CD pipeline processes; automated build and test systems (e.g. Jenkins )
- Knowledge with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Financial industry experience mainly in Investment Banking is a plus