CIB CDO - Reference Data Product - Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
The CIB Chief Data Office (CDO) is a business-centric organization whose purpose is to unlock value for our stakeholders through timely delivery of high-quality, compliant data. The CIB CDO oversees the overall strategy and execution of the CIB data agenda.
As part of the CIB Chief Data Office, the Reference Data Product team owns a suite of products and applications which are Systems of Record for the firm. The Reference Data Product organization ensures robust product architecture is developed in delivering the product vision & strategy. Products owned include external parties (Party Central), internal parties (GEMS), instruments (GIM), RDaaS (Ref Data as a Service), product taxonomies (RDHP & EPS), as well as the new Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) utility. The Project Management team works in close partnership with external (LOB and Corp. Function) stakeholders, as well as internal (Reference Data) Product Solutions and Business Relationship Management leads to ensure that strategies are defined, planned and delivered, with the necessary program governance & oversight.
The Project Manager would support Reference Data Product in driving business priorities and capability delivery. The Project Management function is responsible for the coordination and/or delivery of all projects and business support required, along with minimal business management functionalities. Strong partnerships with other global functional support areas are essential, which include technology, operations, business support management, product managers, business control office, and finance teams. Developing a good rapport with partners, stakeholders, and senior management is critical; this role interacts with the leads across the Reference Data Product, Operations and Technology organizations.
Primary responsibilities/job duties will include:
- Partner with Project Lead(s) to define project scope, objectives and key milestones.
- Define and manage the project plan following a traditional Project Life Cycle (PLC) framework in an Agile delivery environment
- Partner with stakeholders across different teams and LOBs to ensure projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and within scope.
- Diagnose and facilitate resolution of key issues and risks within the project.
- Ensure operational and business change readiness; support the definition and documentation of new and enhanced operating models to implement strategic business priorities.
- Coordinate end to end User Acceptance Testing process; track and ensure closure/acceptance of defects prior to implementation.
- Conduct overall project evaluations/quality control.
- Status Reporting, evaluating progress and quality, reporting risks, issues and escalating when appropriate.
- Drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- Must be able to manage multiple work streams and priorities concurrently.
- Several years of related experience including project management, financial services, and/or strategy related
- Prior project management experience required; experience managing projects following traditional PLC framework in an Agile delivery environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency/advanced skills using Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of project planning and tracking tools such as MS Project, Clarity, JIRA, Confluence
- Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization
- Builds a sense of community, creating a positive team environment and modeling a global, diverse mindset and inclusive behavior
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines