Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Digital Experience Design (DXD) team is actively seeking an innovative and highly engaged UI/Visual Interaction Designer who can help shape the design effort for applications that are dynamic, information and data rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends.Description for Internal Candidates
As co-owners of the design and identity of our next-generation, bespoke, multi-channel applications, the Visual Designer role is an integral part of a global design team. You’ll collaborate closely with stakeholders and experts within a flourishing in-house design community.
You’ll be delivering experiences to users with complex jobs and where the systems they use must provide real value without adding more complexity. As a design team, we delve into the problem-space by leveraging various techniques and methods to find and visualize insights and guide a products’ evolution. To that end, our designers must be part inventor, part craftsman but most of all, makers.
- Deliver engaging, world class, compelling visual UI designs for a wide range of applications.
- Actively participate in visual design strategy and product definition, roadmap planning in a multidisciplinary environment with product, design and tech partners.
- Leverage and evolve our team’s design system while delivering high-value patterns and components for business applications.
- Be accountable for creating consistent and unified end-to-end design solutions.
- Create a clear standard of excellence and trust in the design system through universal principles, components, and business patterns, as a reflection of our visual design language.
- Help to entrench a culture and community of design, both within the team, and among our stakeholders.
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders across the business, to ensure the design addresses business and commercial needs.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities:
- Have a demonstrable record of delivering positive, impactful, design outcomes.
- Be passionate about design and can articulate the value of the design process.
- Possess strong research skills that demonstrate an awareness of user and business goals that compel you to imagine, illustrate and realize compelling functional interfaces.
- Be confident in employing skills across all stages of the design and development process, including conception, design, standardization, specification and enforcement.
- Have experience working in complex problem spaces, enterprise applications, or B2B financial services.
- Be a cross disciplined collaborator with experience working with Product Design, Visual Design, Research, Tech and Product Partners.
- Be client-centric focused and guide design thinking, delivering improved measurable client.
About Digital Experience Design
The Digital Experience Design team (DXD) includes nearly 300 UX and visual designers, service designers, researchers and creative technologists spread across six global locations. As a team, we partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders across the Corporate & Investment Bank to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight end users.
Learn more about DXD at http://design.jpmorgan.com/
Diversity by design
Our team, our work and the outcomes they produce are driven by diversity. Here, you’ll find people from all over the world, valued for the added dimensions their experience, origins, and perspectives bring to the products we deliver. Join us and see for yourself that our commitment to diversity is intentional, essential, and ongoing. It provides the insight and ideas we need to be a better team. And a smarter one, too.