Markets Portfolio Management (MPM) - Financial Resource Optimization & Vendor Management - Rates/FX - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Join the team which supports client and revenue growth initiatives through the active management and allocation of financial resources while taking into account the firm’s binding constraints.
If you a Vice President level candidate with a strong knowledge of derivatives to guide the team’s optimization agenda, we are looking for you.
Markets Portfolio Management (MPM) is a front-office function within Trading that was established to support client and revenue growth initiatives through the active management and allocation of financial resources, while taking into account the firm’s binding constraints.
You will be part of the Vendor Management and Optimization team within MPM that is responsible for the oversight and management of vendor relationships to maximize the optimization of financial resources across markets. The team works in close partnership with Markets Financial Resource Management (Markets FRM), which is also part of MPM. In addition, it has strategic collaboration with operations, tech and quant teams.
- Although not a classic trading role, you will be making economic and risk decisions including some deal execution
- You will be expected to manage bilateral and multi-lateral vendor runs (compression + IM/capital optimization)
- You will work closely with 3rd party vendors and clearing houses to set and define product roadmap
- You will be executing deal structuring, pricing, and bilateral optimization transactions with peer banks and clients
- You will perform detailed reviews of counterparty portfolios, including analysing trade structures and documentation
- You will need to demonstrate understanding of risk/resource elements and develop strategies to help mitigate them and keep up to date with current and future regulatory changes
- You will develop strong relationships across functions and with senior stakeholders
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math or related quantitative field.
- Strong knowledge of pricing and risk management of derivatives transactions, preferably cross-asset and with an understanding of XVAs
- Experience working with technology and quant teams
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with financial resource topics including Basel III, GSIB, SLR, SCB, and regulatory initial margin (NCMR/CCP) - strongly preferred
- Experience executing FX and Rates trades - strongly preferred
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.