CIB – Investment Banking – Analyst – Newly Qualified Chartered Accountant (2022 Class) - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As an Analyst you will be a key player in the origination and execution of investment banking mandates across all major product areas. You will work with expert professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank and will get exposure to formal training, hands-on learning opportunities, continuous mentoring and feedback, and numerous development opportunities. You will develop strong skills in the major areas of investment banking and will be given the opportunity to develop into a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing his/her own transactions. Working with a broader team of over 400 Analysts and Associates in the region, you will be provided opportunities to be involved real-time in transactions that may include frequent travel.
We are seeking to fill various vacancies within our Investment Banking Industry coverage and Capital Markets teams.
In these roles, you will be expected to:
- Support origination efforts and any client engagement initiatives by preparing marketing pitches, presentations or any such analysis that may be required to win a new mandate
- Coordinate with several other teams including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged finance, debt capital markets, equity capital markets, ratings, credit
- Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic dialogue
- Develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and work along-side senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions
- On transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaise with relevant counterpart(s) at the client/other advisers (accountants, lawyers, etc.)
Keep abreast of key market developments and establish knowledge of the sector client base and relevant market dynamics
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Newly qualified chartered accountant (ACA/CA) from one of the Big Four (2022 qualification year only)
- Transactional experience preferred, but not essential, with a demonstrable interest in markets
- A well-rounded academic background from a top tier educational institution
- Impeccable communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, clients and key stakeholders in other lines of business
- Being self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, to provide comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. In-depth, industry-specific expertise and regional market acumen enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients around the world. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term relationships by taking a holistic and forward-looking view and identifying ways to help clients achieve their most important business objectives.