Testing Senior Analyst for Payment Operations (Associate)
Job Type: Full time
Do you have experience in providing testing scenarios or identifying testing defects? If yes, this is a great opportunity for you
J.P. Morgan is seeking an Associate to provide Senior Testing Analysis for the Payment Operations LOB; in a cross business, cross functional project based environment. Flexibility to provide Testing experience on other LOB’s and support transformational Global initiatives within Cross Product Change Services. In this role you would also be expected to support the strategic roll out of an automated testing solution.
- Responsibility for the provision of accurate testing estimates within daily scrum calls
- Documentation and execution of test scenarios – identify specific scenarios and write test scripts using Business Driven Development for example Gherkin
- Utilisation of test automation tools, to enable the efficient and timely E2E test execution, therefore previous experience of automated testing is required
- Close partnership with Operations, Product and Technology groups
- Identifying opportunities to accelerate and synergise testing processes for assigned projects and syndicate the information to other team members to validate prior to implementation
- Taking responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of Testing defects and the re-testing process
- Deputising for the Test Manager as necessary in Project calls and communications with relevant colleagues
- Validation and presentation of Test Results for internal Sign-off
- Working with the minimum of supervision on day-to-day activities.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Skilled at problem solving, ability to scope and provide structure to complex issues, rapidly learn unfamiliar processes and provide insightful and timely remediation
- Excellent attention to detail so errors can be prevented and redundancies / opportunities highlighted
- Ability to keep sight of the overall context and remain centred on the strategic picture, identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and build out recommendation to proceed
- Ability to use effective systemic data driven reporting to support program reporting
- Advanced numeracy and Microsoft skills
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear and succinct verbal updates on their work to team members, colleagues, senior leads, executives and clients
- Ability to liaise effectively between lines of business with empathy and understanding to achieve the common and strategic goal as a team
- PowerPoint / Pitch Pro skills - able to create professional slides and structure presentations with minimal input and need for secondary review
- Actively contributes to program updates, Project and team meetings
- Ability to handle multiple projects, manage personnel & team management in order to meet stakeholder expectations
- Ability to build and nurture effective and lasting relationships with colleagues, team members and stakeholders across multiple business lines and global locations
- Ability to work collaboratively and with effective influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes
- Ability to understand own role and those of other team members and recognise at times the need for flexibility within roles to achieve the project and organisational objectives
- Able to work comfortably and assuredly under pressure to achieve target deadlines
- Ability to work on a hands on basis and not limit oneself to only tracking and reporting milestones
- Confident to raise concerns with senior team and support resolution
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adapt within a changing environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, with strong time management skills.
- Testing experience required.
- Test Automation skills required.
- Experienced in day-to-day team management required
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Batchelor degree (with relevant experience)
- Project / Agile methodology Qualification
- Working knowledge of direct testing with Clearing Houses and Central Banks
- Worked in CIB business function, Global Markets, Middle Office, Wholesale Payments or Security Services.
You’ve got this!