Corporate Responsibility, Sustainability: ESG Reporting, Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Sustainability team is seeking a Senior Associate to lead and develop JPMorgan Chase’s firmwide ESG and climate related disclosures.
The Sustainability team works to advance sustainability in the financing activities of JPMorgan Chase’s lines of business (LOBs) and throughout our operations. The team manages several key priorities, including: the development and implementation of firmwide sustainability and climate-related commitments; internal and external reporting and communications on environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters; client, investor and stakeholder engagement on ESG, and more.
The Sustainability team is part of JPMorgan Chase’s Corporate Responsibility (CR) department, whose mission is to advance a stronger, more durable and safe financial system and an inclusive economy and society for clients, customers and communities around the world. In addition to Sustainability, CR includes teams focused on government relations, global philanthropy, and community engagement. The Sustainability team works closely with these groups throughout CR as well as with senior leaders and partners in the LOBs, Risk Management, Corporate Strategy, Legal, Treasury, Investor Relations, Global Real Estate and others on a day-to-day basis.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The Senior Associate will report to the Vice President, Firmwide Lead for ESG Reporting, and lead JPMorgan Chase’s strategy on ESG reporting and disclosures, including creation of the Firm’s annual ESG Report, Climate Report, Modern Slavery Statement, and more.
This will require:
- Developing and drafting disclosures for the Firm’s ESG related reports, including ESG-related reporting indexes (e.g., Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)) in partnership with internal subject matter experts across the LOBs and corporate functions
- Exploring opportunities to enhance JPMC’s voluntary ESG reporting, including alignment with emerging regulatory reporting standards
- Following and analyzing market trends, best practices, reporting frameworks and policy/regulation on ESG disclosure to position the Firm’s strategy as industry-leading
- Developing relationships and maintain a network of the Firm’s Senior and ESG leaders and key functions
- Conducting annual benchmarking of JPMC’s ESG reporting, including identification of market best practices and opportunities for continued improvements/enhancements
We are seeking a candidate with following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant work experience in corporate ESG/sustainability, communications, and/or consulting/strategy roles, preferably with a range of experience across different functions and/or businesses
- Previous reporting experience with non-financial reporting and ESG standards and frameworks, including GRI, SASB, TCFD, SDGs, with a specialty in climate related reporting
- Familiarity with ESG rating indices (e.g., MSCI, Sustainalytics, etc.) and experience in ESG materiality assesments
- Passion for and understanding of ESG issues and trends, as well as industry best practices and frameworks relating to sustainability and impact reporting
- Excellent writing and verbal presentation skills, with the ability to distill and communicate complex details and data into consumable insights
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Strong executive presence, with the ability to present to senior management and external stakeholders
- Ability to excel in a high-performance, professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong initiative, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence, work collaboratively with others, and proactively cultivate relationships with a diverse range of internal and external partners