Control Management VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
In the Global Legal Entity Risk Control Management team (GLER) you will be responsible for contributing to a strong control environment over the activities performed by the Legal Entity Risk Management and Chief Risk Office (CRO) teams located in the EMEA region. The role will be varied and provide with the opportunity to view processes across several Risk functions. There will be extensive interaction with control managers in EMEA locations, Firmwide Risk control managers as well as senior management within the Risk stipes. There will be a good deal of visibility to senior management across the Risk and Compliance function in EMEA.
As a member of the team, you will focus on the following activities:
- Partnering with the Chief Risk Office teams to review Risk related Regulatory Letters and Findings and audit identified findings to identify appropriate owners within the Risk functions (e.g. Market, Credit, Country, Reputational, Principal risk) to remediate the issues (Issue / Action plan owners).
- Track progress of Issues and action plan resolution and critically review closure artifacts to ensure these satisfy the requirements set out by the Regulators.
- Monitor remediation actions are completed in the timeframe provided by Regulators or Audit.
- Maintain the appropriate Process / Risk / Controls (within the CORE application) that is reflective of the control structure executed by the Legal Entity Risk Managers and Chief Risk Office teams.
- Responsible for providing relevant materials / updates for inclusion in senior management control committees and forums
- Provide additional supervisory oversight to junior members of staff
- Develop a control assessment process to identify data quality issues with Legal Entity tagging in the CORE application for in scope EMEA Legal Entities;
- Identify opportunities to create automated hygiene checks that provide high level checks on Legal Entity Tagging;
- Socialise the controls with control managers across the Risk Management & Compliance control management function where applicable.
- Partner with Location Control managers and EMEA Compliance Control Management team to create executive level summary of Risk Assessments for in scope legal entities
- Develop monthly reporting for senior management (CRO and Control Management)
- Collaborate with GLER and Compliance Control Managers on shared project initiatives
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Several years of professional experience related to Risk Management and or Compliance related roles
- Strong control focus, previous experience that demonstrates a strong control mindset
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational and project management skills; able to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to interrogate large volumes of data to identify potential data quality issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and TEAMS)
- Excellent, clear, and concise written and verbal communication with ability to edit and prepare executive level communications.
- High degree of initiative, self-direction and a clam collaborative approach to time sensitive deliverables
- Strong teamwork ethos with the ability to foster relationships with teams in other locations
Additional Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role
- Knowledge of data manipulation and visualization tools such as Tableau and Alteryx