Quantitative Research - Macro Investable Indices - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
Quantitative Research (QR) is an expert quantitative modelling group in J.P. Morgan, as well as a leader in financial engineering, data analytics, statistical modelling and portfolio management. As a global team, QR partners with traders, marketers and risk managers across all products and regions, contributes to sales and client interaction, product innovation, valuation and risk management, inventory and portfolio optimization, electronic trading and market making, and appropriate financial risk controls.
We are looking for an experienced Quant to join our Macro Investable Indices Quantitative Research team in London. The Macro Investable Indices Quantitative Research team (QR) is responsible for risk management solutions and calculation of investable indices for commodities, rates and FX in close collaboration with the structuring, trading and sales and technology teams.
The opportunity is to join our team and focus on the following projects:
- Implementation and development of the official calculation engine for Macro Investable Indices, risk-premia strategies, alpha, beta, flexible indices (client-driven), etc.
- Development and support of the risk management platform used by traders to hedge indices traded with our clients
- Working in very close partnership with the structuring and trading teams and participating in the development of JPMorgan branded systematic trading strategies
- Developing within the Athena platform with our technology partners.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Experience working with quantitative investment strategies, ideally with exposure to cross asset and/or commodities
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering (or equivalent)
- Strong problem solving and math skills
- Strong programming skills, ideally in Python
- Excellent communication abilities to explain and convey messages to the business about complex/technical issues
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.