Data Governance Product Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JP Morgan's Corporate & investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world's corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk
Who we are
The Digital Platform & Services team is responsible for assessing emerging trends, technologies, electronic platforms, potential partnerships, and for building digital products-that could transform the way we, and our clients, do business. Our team consists of product managers, designers, developers and business representatives. The team is thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market and creativity with the discipline to produce best-in-class, efficient, thoughtful digital solutions for our clients.
The current role is for a product lead to help drive forward our understanding of our Date Landscape and Lineage.
This is a fascinating time in our industry. It's clearer today than ever that banks need to embrace technology and innovation if they are to thrive in the years to come. We have already bought into this and are committed to show that we can do it and are looking for others to join.
- Work on some of the most complex and interesting problems at the intersection of two dynamic Industries Finance and Technology
- Develop products that can change the way our clients operate, and how Banking is done today and ensure that we have regulatory compliance
- Influence decisions on Market Strategy, Platform Strategy, Client Engagement and implementing Innovative technology-based solutions
- Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank
- Establish large and fascinating datasets currently not available anywhere else
What you will be working on?
As part of the Digital Platform team, the Data Lineage Product Lead will support the Data Lineage Product Owner in partnering with all lines of business within the CIB to manage strategic product development efforts, with a focus on Data Architecture and Engineering. This includes:
- Driving value by bringing data products and solutions to teams across the entire firm
- Working in close partnership with all LOBS (Markets, Operations, Investment Banking, etc.) to ensure the product roadmap is collectively aligned to the Firm’s strategic vision, while being mindful of business requirements across the entirety of the CIB
- Partner with the firm's data scientists in Applied Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning to tackle problems suitable for machine learning solutions
- Assist in securing the right data needed for a solution, in the right way, in compliance with the firm’s policies
- Influence the design of data science solutions to deliver for multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Partner with the Digital Platform Technology team to ensure the product vision, roadmap and prioritization is clearly understood and efficiently executed
- Collaborate with the firms Design and User Experience teams, providing clear requirements derived from user research to develop a best-in-class platform offering
- Manage the functional and technical requirements of business stakeholders to support their core requirements
Who are we hiring?
We are looking for an outstanding VP with experience of building and scaling data products from concept to delivery. This role will focus on Data Lineage products leveraging the Firm's Applied Al/ML capabilities and vendor offerings. We are looking for someone who, when something needs to be done, people come to you to get it done.
- You have 6+ years of experience, with at least 2 years in a product role
- Knowledge of Markets/Financial products and the end to end trade lifecycle
- You have strong analytical and management skills and the ability to independently own products or their components end-to-end, with a demonstrable track record of product delivery
- Experience in organizing, researching and analysing client needs. You bridge the technical and business worlds, ensuring we are building the right products with a combination of vision, market/user/competitor research and usage metrics
- Experience in business analysis, market/user research, maturity road-mapping, change management, planning and reporting
- Worked in Agile environment and played an active role in scrum ceremonies such as backlog refinement, sprint planning and sprint demo. Adept in using backlog prioritization techniques to define sprint goals and enable iterative deliveries.
- A working knowledge of data governance frameworks, best practices and how they are effectively supported by good products, in particular Data Lineage but also data quality, metadata management, data privacy, data use and records retention
- Interested in and familiar with core areas in applied machine learning such as NLP, computer vision, and personalization
- Experience working with products that harness large data sets
- Familiar with the data science model development lifecycle (data preparation, model training, etc.)
- You have a view on what it takes to build a scalable Digital Platform, shared components and services that can serve multiple distribution channels
- The ability to build consensus amongst a wide range of partners including business owners, technology, operations, legal & compliance, marketing & sales
- You are a team player and can roll your sleeves up when you need to, and are also able to lead and influence product conversations with all involved parties
- Ability to navigate a matrix organization and the ability to influence peers by articulating the product offering and value to business partners
- You are a self-starter, with the curiosity, energy, drive and stamina to seek out and bring to fruition new opportunities, capability enhancements and improved ways of working
- Bachelor's degree
- An understanding of "as-a-service” models and the core capabilities of the public Cloud
- Experience working with vendor data management products including Collibra Data Lineage & Observability, Informatica Data Lineage & other data profiling / validation / scanning tools
- Product/project management certification
- Data management certification