Demand Manager in Unit Costing Team – Associate
Job Type: Full time
The CIB Unit Costing Team is a strategic function, responsible for developing and implementing unit costs for the Securities Services and Payments businesses by employing an Activity Based Costing methodology. Unit costs enable the assignment of expense to clients in deal pricing and client profitability.
Demand Managers provide cost analysis and Cost to Serve(CTS) capability to support new business/client re-price assessment and reporting. Working as part of a Global team you will be responsible for deal costing and costing support for Fund Accounting EMEA region.
In this role you will require the balancing of regional and global requirements to achieve business goals collaborating with stakeholders across the organization with Finance, Business Management, Product Management, Deal Pricing and Operations teams.
- Lead for the Fund Accounting “Cost to Serve” modelling within the region.
- CTS requests for new client deals and client re-prices are often received at short notice and may provide limited information,
- Analyse client data to determine key metrics and service requirements
- Capture required volume data/estimates and service flags required in the CTS tool to enable headcount and cost estimates, agree proxy/placeholder data treatment with stakeholders when required
- Work closely with Product, Operations and Deal Pricing teams to review, agree and sign off CTS output
- Track and report stakeholder approval status on weekly basis
- Provide deal pipeline reporting to assist monitoring by Finance and Operations teams of the impact of new business on capacity.
- Act as regional lead to enable the calculation, refresh and refinement of Production headcount/cost rates used in the Cost to Serve (Operations, Technology and Third Party Vendor expense)
- Work with the costing modelling team to provide regional support for data or issues related to the calculation of costs to be allocated to client profitability (WCP)
- Provide input and testing support for the continued evolution of the Costing modelling toolset
- Manage ad-hoc analyses and implementation of new reporting as required by the Business
- Manage/guide costing graduate and interns through rotation placements within the costing team
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Relevant experience in Finance and/or Securities Services Product/Operations
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present findings in a concise and logical manner to stakeholders
- Ability to respond to short notice requests, managing stakeholders and timelines across conflicting priorities
- Develop and expand reporting capabilities in line with the evolving needs of the business.
- Participate in strategic Projects and initiatives being managed within the wider costing team
- Strong work ethic, willingness to learn and a self-starter who is able to research issues/problems and develop solutions with the team
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Alteryx and Tableau experience