Firmwide Business Resiliency Analysis & Plannng - Program Manager Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to millions of households and the world's most important corporations and governments. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
As part of the Firmwide Business Resiliency (“FBR”) group within the Office of the CFO responsible for the design of the firm’s Resiliency Program, this role will drive the strategy and implementation, as we continue to strengthen our risk based approach to business resiliency. The team is responsible for providing the guidelines and consultative support required for Lines of Business and Corporate Functions to operationalize the firmwide resiliency standards. The FBR group collaborates closely with the Line of Business and Functional Resiliency teams as well as key functions such as Control Management, Risk Management & Compliance and Audit to help drive consistency across the firm, and to ensure the resiliency program is commensurate with the risk taking activities of the firm.
This position will play a key role in working with our partners to continue to strengthen the resiliency strategy and operating model across the firm, to identify and develop a response to new emerging risks, and to integrate new regulatory requirements into the overarching resiliency strategy. A key focus will be working closely with Technology, in mitigating Cyber and Data Loss risk.
- Support workstream lead and team members to continue to improve the Business Resiliency Operating Model, and promote consistency in implementation across the firm
- Support the provision of subject matter expertise and advisory services for Business Resiliency teams (including corporate functions)
- Focus on driving continuous improvement to reflect insights from risk and control, and to meet new regulatory requirements and expectations (with a near-term focus on cyber risk)
- Provide requirements for the development and continued improvement of the firm’s new resiliency tool (ERMA), and reporting
- Keep abreast of regulatory landscape and industry best practices to inform continuous strategic improvement
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key resiliency partners across the firm; engage key partners in asset resiliency functions (Technology, Third Party Oversights etc.) to support Operating Model alignment
- Work across the firm to resolve issues and mitigate risks and elevate as appropriate across the critical workstreams
- Support workstream project management activities, including tracking deliverables and reporting progress
- Experience in Resiliency, Risk, Program Management, and/or related Control functions preferred
- Ability to think strategically and help drive execution of the strategy
- Strong communication and analytical skills; an ability to make decisions, drive results and prioritize multiple tasks to meet overall objectives
- Executive-level presentation skills with ability to develop materials with little oversight
- Sound judgment and professional maturity to proactively outline and solve problems
- Very effective program management skills, with the ability drive tasks to completion by setting clear objectives, effective tracking and monitoring
- Self-driven with ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as on a team
- Ability to work collaboratively and to develop strong, positive working relationships across a matrixed organization
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure; demonstrated ability to deliver with indirect authority and to manage across time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships, fostering a collaborative, positive work environment with stakeholders and peers
- Experience with cyber risk and resiliency (optimal)
- Comfort with ambiguity and change; components of role can be fluid and defined over time as business needs evolve