Global Credit Trading & Syndicate - EMEA Loan Trading desk - Trading Assistant - Analyst or Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The EMEA Loan Trading business is part of the Corporate and Investment Bank’s Global Credit Trading platform. The Loan Trading desk primarily operates as an intermediary, providing liquidity in syndicated loan assets for its clients which include European banks, credit funds, CLO investors, hedge/distressed funds and private equity managers. It looks at opportunities across the credit spectrum, offering clients investment grade paper, special situation assets and instruments undergoing complex restructurings. The Loan Trading desk also operates as the distribution platform for syndicated loans newly issued by the bank and works closely with Debt Capital Markets and Acquisition and Leveraged Finance teams.
The successful candidate will provide support coverage to 4 traders, 8 sales personnel and 6 desk analysts and ensure the smooth running of the desk. The individual must be able to work in a trading floor environment and possess a keen commercial interest and analytical inquisitiveness. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, work well under pressure and make quick decisions.
- Affirm and enter executed loan, bond and equity trades into the relevant front office platforms;
- Ensure each trader’s daily risk activity is correctly reflected in the bank’s systems;
- Review and reconcile daily P&L reporting and investigate discrepancies;
- Ensure the relevant KYC and credit appetite are in place for each trade and seek approval where necessary;
- Provide reporting to senior desk management on various aspects of the business including trading volumes and client activity;
- Handle both credit specific and ad-hoc queries from traders, sales personnel and desk analysts;
- Be on hand to assist with queries from documentation, settlements and operational teams; including making trade amendments within our booking system (Loan IQ);
- Work closely with the desk’s analysts on upcoming loan restructures, making bookings where applicable and ensuring that P&L and risk positions are reflected correctly;
- Work with desk legal and our documentation team to ensure that trades and restructured lending positions are correctly documented.
- Previous experience (ideally 2+ years) working with the syndicated loan product;
- A working knowledge of Loan IQ or Wall Street Office;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems methodically;
- Accomplished Excel skills and transaction modelling experience;
- Previous experience in trading support or a portfolio management assistant role is preferable but not essential.