Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are not your standard bank, we are a house of innovation! We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now starting on a new initiative with big ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including top tech giants, blockchain innovators and FinTech unicorns.
Team members have autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way. We value your opinion in every matter. Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real-world problems for real-life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we'd encourage you to read on and apply.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Have ownership and build of SDLC for a variety of services, standard OSS tooling and libraries.
- Engage and collaborate with engineers across the business to understand use-cases, and to define best-practices for use of the development platform
- Participate in a vibrant community of engineers from various backgrounds who are working to solve several complex business cases
- Bring in the new and latest technologies and techniques while driving their adoption where appropriate
- Some of the challenges we’re solving today include
- Dynamically provisioning compute resources, providing high elasticity for service teams, and optimising for cost, while ensuring availability and resiliency
- Automating the creation of typical infrastructure dependencies of microservices, such as Kafka topics, databases, encryption keys, and object storage
- Democratising control of shared resources such as API gateways, CI/CD pipelines, and observability stacks, while maintaining least-privilege access, without sacrificing productivity
This role may suit you if:
- You consider yourself to be a software engineer, and are comfortable writing services, rather than just scripts and IaC.
- You are comfortable dealing with cloud based infrastructure; and can speak confidentially about VPCs, security groups, access controls, security best practices, etc.
- You are able to see how seeming disconnected processes, components, and events work together to create the complete product.
- You have a passion for combining multiple services, tools, components, and love 'systems thinking'.
How we look after you:
Our compensation team pay close attention to the external market and endeavour to provide balanced and competitive offers, generallyconsisting of a base salary and incentive compensation.
We prefer to be co-located but we understand that people need flexibility.
27 days / year + bank holidays
Private Healthcare, Pension (matching up to 6% + 6% core contribution from JPM), Gym, Theatre and Entertainment discounts and many other flexible options.