Commercial Finance Executive (NutMeg)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Commercial Finance Executive (NutMeg)
Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over £4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of an easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking the closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
Has a team of over 240 employees
Offers award winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a personal pensions and general investment accounts
Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award winning client services team
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a Nutshell:
We are looking for a Strategic Finance partner, to provide critical commercial insight to support current and future products and partnerships. The ideal candidate will be comfortable building and communicating financial models and their underlying assumptions, managing multiple stakeholders and providing financial insight and challenge. This role will suit candidates who have experience in the following areas: stakeholder management, financial modelling, data analysis, building business cases, using raw data from financial and operational sources; budgeting and forecasting. Ideally, our Commercial Finance Executive has worked within B2C business or the online / technology industry and has experience working closely with marketing and technology teams.
- Influencing strategy and building business models to support current and new products and partnerships
- Understanding and reporting on the drivers of customer profitability (LTV:CAC, unit economics)
- Input into monthly board reports with both data, analysis and insight
- Managing the company wide budgeting and forecasting process
- Building and monitoring company wide KPI dashboards in Looker
- Maintaining, developing and enhancing our cohort level financial model (in Anaplan)
- Working with the data team to understand and develop our data structures
- Support senior management on ad hoc projects (planning, corporate and general finance in nature)
- Reporting on the Nutmeg performance metrics (actuals vs budget; variance analysis; identifying trends) on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Providing insight to and collaborating with Chase UK
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Maths, engineering, economics degree (or similar discipline with high a level of numeracy)
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Previous B2C experience
- Evidence of ability to report back clearly and simply on complex data findings to senior stakeholders
- Evidence of ability to construct detailed financial models, but communicate the key assumptions, drivers and outputs for stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to work with multiple (sometimes challenging) data sets and manipulate raw data to solve analytical questions
- Demonstrable tenacity and commitment to problem solving - unable to "let something go" until it's right
- Demonstrable ability to manage workload and competing priorities
- Energy and enthusiasm to learn and desire to rapidly develop their career
- Experience with SQL or Looker (not essential)
- Experience with Anaplan (preferred but not essential – training will be provided)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.