Product Engineer/Business Analyst (Python)- Lending- Chase UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
Product Engineer/Technical Business Analyst– Lending
We're looking for someone with a mix of skills between a software engineer and a business analyst, who can help refine requirements and translate those directly into working python code. Successful candidates will work on the core of our lending products, driving the development of functionality such as financial postings, EMI calculation, interest calculation .etc. A previous experience with lending products is preferred.
- Work alongside our product managers to define detailed requirements on core functionalities of lending products.
- Translate those requirements into working python code. Being hands-on is a must for this role.
- Focus on a strict adherence to our SDLC, documenting every requirement and ensuring that changes are automatically tested through unit, integration and simulation tests.
- Work with engineers from the team to ensure a solid integration of new functionalities within the broader lending architecture.
- Help rollout new products to production through end-to-end ownership.
- A software engineering background or mindset.
- Driven and curious: you are willing to understand the mechanics behind complex product lifecycles
- Hands-on experience in Python is a must. Experience with other languages such as Java would be great but isn’t mandatory.
- Ability to clearly interpret product needs and intent in such a way you can document and implement them.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities / deadlines without compromising quality
- Must be capable of independent decision-making as well as able to take direction
- Knowledge of retail lending would be advantageous.
- We’re in scale up mode, so you’ll be happy to roll your sleeves up and help to support the wider team as required.
We’re not expecting everyone to have every box ticked; so if you’re interested in joining our team at an exciting time and have some of these skills we’d love to hear from you