DevOps Software Engineer II
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a DevOps Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase within the corporate and investment bank markets technology team, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- To manage and resolve day-to-day production issues, queries for a number of trading desks, environment monitoring.
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
- Gathers, analyzes, and draws conclusions from large, diverse data sets to identify problems and contribute to decision-making in service of secure, stable application development
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Should be flexible to work for Weekend support.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working.
This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in DevOps, application and production support on L1 & L2 levels.
- Good knowledge of AWS
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree - preferably in Computer Science