Site Reliability Engineer - Chase UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
Site Reliability Engineer - Chase UK
As a Reliability Engineer, you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Your goal will be to implement the below objectives and champion reliability values such as automation, observability and resiliency. You will take part in collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team, and across the business. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an RE, you’ll be focused on running better applications and systems.
Objectives of this Role
- Drive the continuous improvement of reliability, monitoring and alerting for our mission-critical microservices.
- Reduce toil by automation, creating reliable infrastructure and tooling to expedite feature development.
- Develop and add metrics to microservices, define user-journeys, SLOs and error budgets, and configure dashboards and alerts based on these.
- Facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Ability to partner and influence across the organization on behalf of their application portfolio.
- Respond to incidents alongside developers and infrastructure engineers where required, providing support and insight.
- Conduct/Design performance testing and capacity planning, anticipating and solving potential bottlenecks ahead of time.
- Participate in new feature grooming to ensure all Reliability values are incorporated from the beginning (metrics, alerting, logging, automation, resiliency, capacity, performance)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Proven experience as a software engineer, including proficiency in at least one systems programming language (Python, Go, Java)
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Working knowledge of Microservice infrastructure components
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrated experience as a Site Reliability Engineer
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience in cloud computing (preferably AWS).
- Experience a plus in common SRE toolchains: Grafana, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Jaeger.
#ICBCareer #ChaseUK #ICBEngineering