External Regulatory Reporting - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Financial Reporting Group Overview
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), Bank of England and the Office of National Statistics. The reporting team within Regulatory Finance is split into two areas: the Capital Reporting group and the Financial Reporting group.
The core responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of the quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JPMorgan Securities Plc (JPMS Plc), JP Morgan Europe Limited (JPMEL), JPMorgan Markets Limited (JPMML), JPMorgan Mansart Management Ltd and JPMorgan Capital Holdings Ltd (JPM CHL).
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of Bank of England and PRA/FCA reporting.
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. COREP and Leverage Ratio)
You will be the part of the UK Financial Regulatory reporting team based in London. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialized individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
- Review of regulatory reports/submissions for JP Morgan entities as per UK GAAP requirements on Quarterly basis.
- Focus on completeness and accuracy and monitoring of the control environment.
- Working on ad-hoc requirements and driving process efficiency of the reporting and control process.
- Support and deliver strategic projects to improve and broaden the regulatory reporting infrastructure.
- Partner with regulatory policy in the interpretation of regulatory rules and new business assessments.
- Partner with other Finance areas to explain key balance sheet movements to senior stakeholders for sign off of submission.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Good accounting and finance knowledge
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written - at all levels.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Excel , MS Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- ACA or ACCA / CIMA Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant
- Familiarity with FinRep templates
- Good working knowledge with reporting tool Axiom
- Good understanding of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions