Payment Operations – Accounting, Fixed Assets & Tax Project Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Join the team to lead and coordinate Payment Operations’ participation on a firm-wide multi-year program to implement mandatory electronic invoicing regimes for several countries and support other ongoing projects within this space.
As a Accounting, Fixed Assets & Tax Operations Team, you will be a part of Payment Operations within Global Supplier Services which manages, indirect tax obligations arising from the firm’s Accounts Payable (AP) activities (e.g., VAT, GST, US Sales & Use Tax and various withholding and reporting regimes globally) as well as change management activities impacting the firm’s AP infrastructure and associated applications.
- To manage and coordinate Payment Operations’ participation on the firm-wide program to implement mandatory electronic invoicing regimes
- To develop a run-book for setting up Accounts Payable on an electronic invoicing regime
- To support other projects in the Payment Operations space as needed and on an ongoing basis
- To provide management backup for overseeing all change management activities for Payment Operations as needed
- Ensure issues are raised / escalated promptly and ownership taken to drive through to resolution.
- Operate with a control focus, ensuring risks and dependencies are highlighted, with mitigation options presented.
- Dashboard creation and updates to report project status to management
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Project management and/or business analyst experience
- Functional understanding of indirect taxes
- Functional understanding of accounting and general ledger expenses, specifically accounts payable.
- Good analytical skills, a problem solver and logical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills with good interpersonal skills essential.
- Good MS Office suite skills (Excel, Word, Power Point). SharePoint, Tableau and Alteryx knowledge are an advantage.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skill
- Good time management and prioritization skills including the ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage others, including those more senior, in the execution of a project plan
- 5+ years relevant experience is expected, with a degree or significant previous equivalent work experience being essential.
- Ability to work with, and use, large amounts of data in an organized and effective manner.