Operational Risk Manager - Payments - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
When you join Operational Risk Management (ORM), you should know this is a place where you belong, where you can add value and contribute to protecting the Firm.
ORM is part of Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk (CCOR), within the Risk Management and Compliance organization. You will be responsible for the execution of the CCOR program, which consists of the second line of defense’s responsibilities in managing the firm’s compliance, conduct, and operational risk. You will help the firm grow its Payments business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks.
Our Risk organisation is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals brings and embracing an inclusive environment.
- Independently monitor that the JPMorgan CCOR framework is appropriately executed by the business and supporting functions in the 1st LOD for the JPM Payments business
- Conduct reviews on new Payments business initiatives, new service/product operational capabilities, potential acquisition opportunities and new proposals (or changes) to location strategy
- Provide independent oversight in key JPM Payments governance forums, including Business Control Committees
- Provide oversight and independent assessment of risks identified by the Payments business and, where appropriate, escalate any new or emerging risks or issues
- Conduct independent risk assessments through quantitative and qualitative means
- Monitor key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs) and other metrics to periodically identify areas where incremental monitoring and / or testing may be need
- Plan and execute testing and monitoring activities to assess the design adequacy and effectiveness of controls within the Payments business and supporting functions
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s degree with strong professional experience in risk management or other related control functions (e.g. Compliance, Legal, Controls Management)
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and project management skills with successful track record of completion
- Ability to drive change; manage conflict, strong influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to understand risks and their drivers and to form, articulate and explain views
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to act independently
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Familiarity with Tableau or Alteryx