Corporate & Investment Banking – Treasury EMEA – Analytics and Optimization – VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You are a passionate self-starter and have a keen interest in capital markets, liquidity risk management and funding. You found the right team.
EMEA CIB Treasury Financial Analytics and Optimisation team is seeking for a high performing VP. In this role, you will act as an expert on supporting development of CIB Treasury EMEA tools and work practices, ranging from benchmarking liquidity management processes vs. regulator expectations to working with technology to automate some processes and to identify and implement technology enhancements generally; new business initiatives analysis of liquidity, funding and balance sheet impacts including liaising with various stakeholders to communicate the proposals and highlighting the risks. This role will have exposure across the organization and is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is interested in a strategic view of the CIB’s activity within the region.
You will act as the senior member of CIB Treasury team. While the suite of projects can evolve, given the current level of regulatory and internal requirements for liquidity and funding analysis and reporting and the criticality of these functions in all ongoing business, there are generally a significant number of interesting and high profile projects that require leadership in this space. As a lead in the space, the individual will be an expert responsible for:
- Driving ongoing liquidity tools development and optimisation,
- Oversight for provision of accurate and timely liquidity and funding inputs on new business initiatives,
- Development of business-based MIS on changes in liquidity, funding and interest rate metrics.
- Act as a central point of contact for businesses and partners across CIB Treasury team and multiple internal stakeholders.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong working knowledge of Investment Bank products, along with financial theory and accounting principles
- Previous experience of funding and liquidity and regulatory developments in the treasury
- Strong analytical, investigative problem-solving, and decision-making skills with focused work ethic, good business sense, and demonstrated initiative
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), particularly the ability to communicate technical concepts
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the capability to engage various functions, locations, and businesses
- A ‘hands on’ team player who is equally comfortable carrying out detailed analysis on an independent basis or coordinating input from others
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (including PitchPro)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Working knowledge of interest rate risk concepts
- History of managing large and complex projects and the influence to drive contributions from numerous groups without direct reporting lines
- Working knowledge of Alteryx or/and Python