Backend Software Engineer II
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
If you are great Java or Python programmer, passionate about software quality and interested in data analytics, please apply. You will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You will join the Front Office Investor Platform Team in Asset Management, dedicated to improving the design and development that goes into creating high quality software.
As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language (Java or Python), with limited guidance.
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development and technical troubleshooting.
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
- Apply knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts (BS or MSc degree in Computer Science or other STEM subject)
- Experience as a developer in large and complex distributed computing environments.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to code in one or more languages - Java or Python
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Application Resiliency, and Security
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organisational goals
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Exposure to NoSQL databases
- Experience in building microservices