Project Manager - Alternative Investments
Job Type: Full time
If you are a creative and strategic thinker who is passionate about the planning and execution of alternative investment projects for the Projects & Business Innovation Support team, you have found the right team.
As the Alternatives Investment Project Manager, you will have relevant project management in the Projects & Business Innovation Support team for one of the world's most innovative banks. Our team executes various Alternative Investments Projects that provide solutions to optimize business flows, bring efficiencies and keep our platform compliant with regulations. You will gain Alternative Investments experience in a reputable bank, fund administrator, Alternative Investment fund or financial institution and looking to take on a new challenge in a growing, fast paced and ever changing environment. You will have the ability to drive the strategic objective and communicate appropriately. In addition, you will demonstrate an exceptional capacity to exercise good judgment under pressure.
- Be responsible for the planning, management and execution of Alternative Investments projects through a project plan and engagement of stakeholders
- Determine the milestones and underlying requirements to execute the project plan in conjunction with stakeholders across the various functional groups (Legal, Compliance, Technology, Operations, Business Management, Risk)
- Manage and prioritize initiatives that are requested by stakeholders
- Plan and perform testing of new functionality and regression testing
- Provide updates on the project status to senior management and stakeholders
- Identify critical requirements and potential gaps by understanding complex and interdependent processes.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently
- Adaptability to learn new tasks and demonstrate a willingness to understand the details of a process
- Strong ownership with ability to operate in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking are also required in driving solution, initiatives and projects
- Strong team player with good communication skills, ability to work in collaboration building strong rapport with peers
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
- Strategic thinking with the ability to implement and manage day-to-day task
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Strong Alternative Investment product (Hedge Fund, Private Equity and Real Estate) knowledge would be a great addition
- University degree or qualification deemed equivalent; a CFA or CAIA would be a plus