Mainframe Software Engineer III
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Mainframe Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the corporate and investment bank payments technology team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in COBOL/CICS/JCL/Natural/ADABS
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with Mainframe Technologies
- Familiarity with SDLC using Agile Methodologies.
You’ve got this!