Paralegal – Associate
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is expanding its consumer business by launching a new digital bank in the U.K. We will offer consumers a completely new banking choice. Using the Chase brand, the bank will provide products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the U.K., delivered via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the centre. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused specialists, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
- Working on legal analysis involving development of new retail products, most specifically retail lending
- Negotiation of commercial contracts, marketing, and financial promotion materials
- Monitoring regulatory developments, including consultation papers
- Drafting and oversight of contents and execution of documents, including communications with respect to complaints, disputes, litigation, etc.
- Providing support to special projects in retail
- Liaising with outside counsel
- Performing legal research on a variety of issues relating to retail matters
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Material experience in UK in-house legal departments of financial services industry
- Knowledge of UK retail matters and litigation matters
- Experience with legal analysis of product development, more specifically retail lending, payments, and deposits
- Material experience with UK commercial contracts, marketing, and financial promotion analysis
- Experience with issue spotting key regulatory requirements, including US regulations (Reg K, Reg W, EBA, PRA), etc.
- Experience with liaising with regulatory bodies, such as FCA, ICO, etc.
- Working knowledge of legal research platforms
- Team player who can collaborate with the Legal and operations groups effectively and professionally at all levels
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Knowledge of retail matters and litigation matters
- Knowledge of retail back office matters