Global Equities - Margin Trading, Prime Financial Services - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Margin Trading is a front office client facing group within Prime Financial Services (PFS) tasked with enhancing the decision making process that goes into the allocation of scarce financial resources with a view of optimizing the PFS business’s risk adjusted returns.
- Analyzing and addressing clients risk exposures within their portfolios
- Assessing clients risk vs return profiles for existing and prospective clients
- Pricing client flow, including financing and commissions commensurate with risk appetite and commercial goals
- Reviewing stress scenarios affecting the valuation of financial instruments to establish risk haircuts
- Monitoring of intraday risk control systems, adhering to trading risk management best practicies
- Formulating risk management solutions with clients and internal stakeholders to protect the firm
- Assisting in the negotiations of legal agreements
- Ensuring active and regular client engagement regarding their risk and margin methodologies
- Identifying product gaps and continually driving improvements to existing PFS infrastructure and product offering
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Extensive experience in financial markets gained within a major sell side or buy side firm
- Thorough understanding of risk management and financial markets
- Excellent understanding of Prime Brokerage, Clearing, Derivatives, Risk and Collateral Management
- Experience in intraday risk management for post trade execution preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Team-oriented and able to build strong relationships with partner groups
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities