Software Engineer III (Mid)- iOS- Nutmeg
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over £4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of an easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking the closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
- Has a team of over 240 employees
- Offers award winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a personal pensions and general investment accounts
- Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award winning client services team
*We offer flexible working*Requirements
The role in a nutshell:
At the beginning of 2017, we released our iOS app which now has >45,000 active users and a crash free session rate of 99.9%. We are now looking for an iOS Engineer to join the team who is passionate about technology and enthusiastic about the user interface and customer experience. As the company grows, the scalability of the app and architectural improvements required to build a robust application are becoming a key focus of the team.
You will be working on the iOS platform, and collaborating with the Android platform, to release the best apps that enable our customers to invest with confidence, ease and simplicity. You will be someone who enjoys sharing knowledge, with excellent problem solving and technical skills, keen to learn new ideas, and recognises good clean app design. You will be taking ownership of tasks from the estimation stage right through until the release stage and post production.
The iOS application currently supports a minimum version of iOS 13 allowing us to consistently innovate and make use of the latest in Swift technologies such as SwiftUI and Combine. We currently have a single iOS application and a home screen widget extension (iOS 14 support upwards).
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming with Swift, its IDEs, frameworks, libraries and practices
- Experience with different testing strategies and with XCTest, XCUITest, and other frameworks such as Snapshot testing
- Experience with MVVM and other common architectures and be able to explain the pros and cons of each
- Experience with best practices in mobile design (human interface guidelines, threading, bandwidth considerations etc.)
- Commercial experience on native iOS mobile application development
- Excellent knowledge of core iOS libraries and frameworks (e.g. UIKit, Foundation, Security...)
- Experience of iOS application deployment (testing, approval and publishing to Apple store)
- Experience of working with CI/CD and a good understanding of how to set up and maintain pipelines
- Experience in monitoring and alerting of production issues and performance
- Excellent understanding of what it means to work with APIs, and how the moving parts of a mobile application fit together. Good understanding of REST and messaging platforms.
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Excellent communicator who can work well within a delivery team and manage interactions with other parts of the organisation, such as Product and Ops
- Keen to ensure that we focus on solving the essence of the problem rather than merely dealing with the symptoms
You might also have:
- Show us your Github/Stack Overflow/app portfolio!
- Experience in the fintech sector
- Active participant in tech meet-ups
- Experience with patterns such as Coordinator
- Experience with accessibility in app design
- Experience and good understanding of Modularisation and Dependency Injection
- Experience working with Combine and/or SwiftUI
- Experience with Design Systems
- Experience and willingness to help guide other team members to improve, mentor more junior teammates, and share the knowledge effectively