Lead Software Engineer- Android- Nutmeg
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over £4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of an easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking the closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
- Has a team of over 240 employees
- Offers award winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a personal pensions and general investment accounts
- Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award winning client services team
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a nutshell:
At the beginning of 2018, we released our Android app which already has 50,000 active users and a crash free session rate of 99.9%. We are now looking for an experienced Senior Android Engineer who is passionate about technology and eager to solve complex problems.
We expect you to have a clear understanding of design patterns, architecture types and apply SOLID principles as part of your daily work.
You will be playing a fundamental role in our continued migration into MVVM and Hilt, as well as being part of our exciting journey into abstracting and modularising the project to be able to provide white-labelling solutions with ease. As the company grows, the scalability of the app and architectural improvements required to build a robust application are now a key focus of the team.
In the Android team we believe on empowering our customers through technology, that's why we have weekly sessions to discuss the latest trends and how we can apply them to create a better experience, some examples of this are the added support for Google Pay, Google Assistant, Dark Theme and Android Widgets.Requirements
- RxJava or Coroutines and Dagger or Hilt
- Kotlin, the Android SDK, Android Studio and best engineering practices
- Working in agile environment using Scrum
- Working within a cross functional mobile team (Android/iOS)
- Writing tests- (unit test, integration test, UI test etc.)
- Experience with Java/Android design patterns (MVP, MVVM)
- Experience with best practices in mobile design (human interface guidelines, threading, bandwidth considerations etc.)
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Good understanding of REST and messaging platforms
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Proactive problem solver
You might also have:
- A Github/Stack Overflow/app portfolio!
- Fintech experience
- Active participation in tech meet-ups
- Experience using Navigation libraries
- Experience with flavour and whitelabeling
- Experience working with multi module apps
- Experience using NodeJS
- Worked with Design Systems