International Consumer Banking Risk - Credit Risk - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase has undertaken an ambitious global strategy to build out an International Consumer Banking business line, starting with the launch of a digital bank in the UK under the Chase brand. Our team is at the heart of driving the next horizon of expansion for the new business line.
You will be joining the Credit Risk team focused on Retail Credit Risk in the UK Market. You will be tasked with designing the approach to Credit Risk Management and oversight for the Chase UK pipeline of products beyond Consumer unsecured to Mortgages and Business Banking. Advise senior management and the business regarding the specific risks and customer requirements associated with Business & secured lending and evaluation of the UK market for these products. In addition, this role will liaise with internal stakeholders regarding capital and risk appetite requirements for JPMC to participate these markets safely.
Our vision: We believe that consumer banking is an exciting space. New entrants have the opportunity to drive innovation and improve the banking experience for customers. Across International Consumer Banking, in all geographies, we are reimagining how consumers handle their personal finances and how banking services can be delivered.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious individuals who like us are passionate about digital innovation and who would like to expand their skills while working on a new exciting venture.
- Inform JPMorgan Chase global risk management teams of developments and trends in the UK Mortgage & SME markets and advise senior management on the implication for market entrance.
- Work with businesses to define risk appetite, design the credit risk policies and strategies that deliver credit risk control and a stable credit portfolio through the cycle.
- Work with the reporting and analytics teams to create feedback loops to continuously monitor and report on credit risk appetite compliance.
- Assess business and regulatory impact of any risk initiative or change in risk strategy and design and implement appropriate controls and processes to ensure credit risk compliance.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Extensive knowledge of UK Retail banking landscape, with available tools and controls for Retail Banking and Risk management
- Experience Managing and oversighting UK retail credit portfolios particularly SME and Mortgages would be beneficial
- UK Retail Deposits and/or Consumer Credit general knowledge
- Leadership experience with small to medium sized teams with the ability to grow
- Extensive experience in Retail Credit Risk roles
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently but escalate matters as appropriate
- Team and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with senior business partners