Commercial Bank - Corporate Client Banking & Specialised Industries – EMEA Analyst (London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This role is part of the EMEA Corporate Client Banking & Specialised Industries (CCBSI) team within the Commercial Bank, is based in London but it supports our bankers across our European markets (France, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Nordics, and UK).
As an CCBSI EMEA Analyst, you will work with CCBSI Bankers as well as Product Partners (including Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Equity Capital Markets (ECM), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Investment Banking (IB) Industry Coverage, Credit and Treasury Services) who cover a variety of industries to provide a range of financing solutions and strategic advisory. The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (“CCBSI”) group focuses on mid-cap companies that require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products.
As a member of the team, the Analyst plays an integral part to help gain, manage and maintain client relationships across Europe in close coordination with senior Bankers. The position relates to managing both internal and external aspects of client relationships, including conducting industry and company research, helping with credit analysis, partnering with product and industry specialists within the Investment Bank on the origination and execution of transactions as well as general country-level reporting requirements.
The position is primarily geared to providing support to deal teams and country leadership, with accountability for pitch book preparation, transaction execution and general country-level reporting requirements, while ensuring seamless coordination among deal team members, product partners and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have previous Corporate or Investment Banking experience with a corporate finance background.
- Working alongside Senior Bankers and Product Partners, particularly those within the DCM, ECM and M&A teams, to execute transactions from initial pitch through marketing to close for both existing and prospective clients
- Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings covering topics such as financing alternatives, working capital optimization, industry and peer analysis
- Supporting Senior Bankers to help generate new revenue opportunities from prospects and existing clients
- Collaborating with credit underwriting teams on analysis, structuring and documentation of credit requests
- Building and using financial models to support financing and Investment Banking transactions
- Coordinating and supporting product and industry coverage partners to produce and distribute client deliverables
- Developing an understanding of the full breadth of J.P. Morgan products and service offerings, including but not limited to M&A, debt capital markets equity capital markets, interest rate and currency hedging, treasury services
- Assisting with country-level reporting requirements and data management
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
We are looking for individuals with the intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm to contribute to the development and execution of comprehensive banking solutions for our clients.
- United Kingdom 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or similar with outstanding academic credentials
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
- Strong corporate finance, credit, analytical, and modelling skills in order to collaborate seamlessly with the credit underwriting teams on analysis, structuring and documentation of credit requests as well as with the IB industry Coverage and Product Partners on IB pitches and executions
- Superior Excel and Power Point skills
- Highly motivated, productive team player. Partnership and communication skills are essential as work will often overlap with industry partners, product partners and investment banking teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial mind-set and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- A second European language (French/German/Italian/Spanish/Dutch) is highly recommended as you will support a number of teams across Europe. Please ensure you indicate other European languages on your application including the level of proficiency.