Fund Controller Vice President (VP) - Global Transportation
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As Controller you will work closely with an experienced group of professionals while being involved in all aspects of financial reporting, analysis, accounting, internal controls, and oversight related to maritime investments owned both directly and through partnerships.
The European Real Assets Group identifies, analyzes, acquires and manages real estate and maritime assets through a variety of ownership structures. As investment manager on behalf of its clients, JPMAM develops, redevelops and operates these assets. JPMAM also assesses capital markets and controls investment risk in determining the optimal financing, diversification and disposition strategies for the managed assets
- Oversight and assist with management of Global Transportation Funds; develop and maintain a financial infrastructure that operates with the efficiency and flexibility to respond to the demands of a growth oriented business; ensure that responsibilities and deadlines are adhered to and monitoring of the quarterly accounting and financial reporting process for all investment products; continually improve the level and content of reporting and communication
- Understanding of investment structures, debt documents, partnership agreements, and purchase and sale agreements; Evaluate the accounting and reporting issues related to various deal structures and proposals.
- Oversight of financial due diligence for acquisitions by working with appropriate individuals within the Global Transportation, as well as third parties, sellers, JV partners, legal counsel, etc.
- Broadly interact with independent external auditors, tax practitioners, legal advisors, deal and third-party service providers and actively participate in the determination and review of valuations.
- Ensure that local operator/partner accounting systems and records are properly controlled and periodically audited.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all internal and external clients and consultants; Assist and coordinate responses to client and consultant requests.
- Review and oversight of management analysis including asset, fund and business level budgeting and reporting.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Project management: ability to manage and organize resources, conduct effective presentations, facilitate meetings, and gain consensus around issues. Relevant financial and accounting experience in the private equity or real estate industry with a proven track record of managing controllership, reporting and finance functions.
- Ability to act decisively, form opinions, solve problems, make recommendations and ability to cultivate strong relationships internally (within the team) and externally (within the broader business).
- Chartered Accountant (ACA or ACCA) equivalent required. Big 4 or mid-sized training.
- Familiarity with currency implications/accounting treatment, Fair Market Value accounting, Familiarity with IFRS, US GAAP quarter and year end reporting and auditing.
- Experience in closed-ended commingled funds, limited partnerships, opportunity funds, and operating company investments.
- Current knowledge on industry accounting and tax trends/issues.
- Computer literacy and strong knowledge of Excel.
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Experience in open ended funds and familiarity with Yardi would be an advantage