Client Tax Operations Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Are you interested to get an opportunity within the dynamic function that requires consistent compliance and controls, enhanced response to regulatory and market changes and operational excellence in our business processes and technology? You have found the right team.
The Tax Rate Utility teams primary responsibility is to ensure that the tax rate data held in the Securities Services platform is accurate, through ongoing review and maintenance, partnering with internal tax teams and external vendors.
This position would suit a candidate with a tax or accounting background with an understanding of international withholding tax practice and processes. Key transferable skills for the role include an analytical mindset, high attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication ability and change management experience.
The role is based in Bournemouth and the candidate will be required to work in a hybrid working model, being present in the office for a minimum of three days a week.
- Review and resolution of tax rate discrepancies
- Partnership with Custody Tax Product, Corporate Tax, and external vendors globally to ensure the Securities Services tax rate platform is maintained with accurate tax rate data
- Work with and contribute to internal Operational Working Groups
- Continually review operational tax processes to identify areas for enhancement
- Identify tax risks and solution resolution
- Identify opportunities for Product expansion
- Ownership for specific MIS with responsibility for reporting to the management team
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Enthusiastic and articulate team member, who possess good communication and written skills
- High degree of accuracy and a good eye for detail
- Strong risk awareness with the proven ability to escalate and manage potential risk.
- Business and customer focused, strong administration and organisational skills
- Proactive work ethic, innovative and self-motivated, demonstrate the ability to work at an individual level & within a team environment
- A flexible and analytical approach to problem solving
- A high level of PC literacy
- Ability to work under pressure, demonstrate an ability to manage deadlines, prioritise tasks & take ownership of deliverables